As you can imagine, before you choose a wine you must take a look at the food you are going to eat, so you can select an appropriate wine depending on each occasion. Of course, do not forget the personal tastes of your companies at your table.
- For cheeses, ham, or olives are ideal to opt for a red wine, rosé or an amontillado (like Manzanilla or Sherry).
- In case you are going to eat red meats, you can opt for a red wine as a reservation of Rivera del Duero, Rioja or Penedés. Must be a powerful and robust red wine, with aging and concentration.
- If you choose for birds, it is a good recommendation to choose a Tempranillo Semicrianza; That is to say, a red wine that is not too robust but that has body and aroma.
- If you opt for fish, there is no doubt one of the best wines is the white wine, especially for fish with a strong flavor. The same goes for seafood.
- If you’re going to serve pasta, you can opt for a good young white wine or a rose wine.
- Desserts can also be ideal with a good wine. In this case, sweet desserts will taste better accompanied by a light white wine.